START DATE: 2017-02-01
Provide support for direct care staff and home health patients. Report patient care, condition, and progress to patients physician and DON on a continual basis. Home health experience is required and knowledge of HCHB software preferred, but not required. Current CPR certification. Strong organizational and communication skills. Excellent pay and benefit package.
Supervision of clinical staff and assuring compliance with federal and state regulations, ACHC accreditation standards and agency policies and procedures are the primary focus. Incumbent will lead and provide care to clients in the Home Health program. This position is supervised by the DON.
Employment Status: Full-Time, Monday through Friday.
Typical Hours of Employment: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm., on call rotation
Required Application Materials: Resume, cover letter, online application
Required: Current unrestricted State of Texas license to practice as a Registered Nurse. One year of professional nursing experience. Healthcare management and leadership experience preferred (experience managing a Medicare certified home health agency or program). Possess interpersonal skills that promote interdisciplinary collaboration and communication. Critical thinking skills sufficient to support development of reasonable and achievable outcome measures and establishment of priorities. Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License, in force automobile liability insurance. Availability of reliable transportation is required for this position.
Preferred: 2 or more years hospice or home health experience.
Apply today to become a member of our team!
**********Complete Job Description Noted Below!**********
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides full range, direct supervision to other positions as listed elsewhere on this Job Description. Makes recommendations to higher level authority that carry particular weight with regard to employment actions including: hiring, discipline, and termination. Provides guidance, direction, feedback, counsel and training to subordinate staff as needed. Completes annual reviews in a timely manner.
• Maintains professional boundaries.
• Models attendance at Texmed events and in-services.
• Assures excellent customer service is provided.
• Demonstrates basic nursing assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation skills. Performs duties within the nursing scope of practice.
• Follows policies and procedures in the assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient and family care.
• Responsible for OASIS management to include timeliness, coding and evaluation of content prior to approval within the medical record and transmission.
• Ensures compliance with Federal and State regulations, ACHC accreditation standards, organizational policies and procedures, professional licensing, and standards of practice.
• Facilitates collaboration and coordination of process across the continuum.
• Ensures the implementation and compliance with the plan of care to meet patient/family needs.
• Maintains clinical competency.
• Completes concurrent chart review and implements necessary actions to assure compliance with regulatory standards
• Facilitates meetings of the interdisciplinary team (IDT) and case conferences.
• Manages time to encompass direct patient care, participation in IDT, planning and coordinating schedules, holding supervisory meetings with subordinate staff and other meetings and training.
• Documents in electronic record within stated standards; provides complete and accurate supporting documentation.
• Assures commitment to quality through participation in the organizations Quality Assessment Performance Improvement Program.
• Collaborates with other program leadership to ensure continuum of care needs are being met.
• Assures adequate staff to meet patient/family needs by utilizing Texmed staff and coordinating with contracted agencies.
• Assists with design and redesign of work processes and implementation to improve clinical care and patient management systems.
• Participates in the development of policies, procedures, clinical protocols, forms and in service programs as appropriate. Assures appropriate implementation of these items
• Completes annual mandatory education requirements.
• Empowers staff to develop community relationships and provide education about Texmed.
• Works in collaboration with the Director of Marketing, the clinical liaisons and the account executives to develop, implement and promote the Home Health program.
• Seeks opportunities for professional growth.
• Utilizes company resources in a prudent and appropriate manner. Is a good steward of company resources.
• Monitors and responds to reports including but not limited to: productivity, attendance and QAPI reports.
• Evaluates staff utilization of pharmacy, DME and supplies and provides guidance/education as needed.
• Monitors staff time and assures accuracy in the payroll system.
Other Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Carries out the mission and values of Texmed. Articulates Texmed Philosophy. Demonstrates a willingness to assist in patient/client and family care as needed. Respects the autonomy and right of confidentiality of patients/clients and families. Demonstrates good customer service the Texmed Way at all times. Participates in performance improvement activities. Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with other staff. Comes to work in neat, clean attire and consistently presents an appropriately professional appearance. Comes to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrates dependability and punctuality. Understands the organization’s computer system(s) and the software(s) used within the department as applicable to this position. Serves as a Universal Employee and accepts assigned duties in a cooperative manner. Performs all duties as assigned in an effective manner. Understands and demonstrates compliance with Midland policies and procedures.
Must be able to continuously stand and walk, frequently squat, climb stairs, bend to the floor, reach over the shoulder, kneel, twist and sit. Must have visual acuity sufficient to continuously note changes in patient condition (breathing, color, skin integrity) and to read a thermometer, sphygmomanometer dial, IV pump, and other instruments. Must be able to read information on a computer screen and use computer. Must have hearing acuity sufficient to auscultate BP, hear verbal instructions and communication, respond to emergency alarms, and answer the telephone. Must be able to concentrate on moderate details with frequent interruptions, attend to specific functions for 10-25 minutes, remember multiple tasks and assignments over an 8-12 hour period, and understand and relate specific ideas and concepts. Must be able to deal effectively with stress, patients, families, healthcare providers, multiple tasks, noise, interruptions, and emotional loss, and to work cooperatively with other members of the interdisciplinary team while maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor. Must be able to travel to and access patient homes where conditions may be adverse due to weather, environment, or patients’ lifestyles.